The Alaska Chapter of American Society of Safety Professionals proudly invites those interested in presenting at our 2018 Alaska Occupational Safety Summit to submit an application for review by the Planning Committee. The Summit is planned for October 16-17, 2018, at the Captain Cook Hotel in Anchorage, Alaska. The objective for the Summit is to give attendees the opportunity to:
- Build upon their professional skills and knowledge
- Prepare for new challenges in the Safety, Health and Environmental fields
- Provide practical solutions to the challenges in these fields
The Planning Committee is looking for advanced, technically oriented and practical presentations that fulfill the needs of Safety, Health and Environmental Professionals. Speakers should consider topics related to safety, as well as personal development and growth.
Don’t Miss the July 1, 2018 Deadline for Submittals!
Materials to Be Submitted
- Abstract of the Presentation: Provide an abstract of your proposal presentation sufficient to evaluate the content and assess the interest level for attendees. Abstract should not be more than two double-spaced pages. List sources for your material if not original. Include the learning outcomes you expect attendees to achieve this session.
- Biographical Data and References: For each speaker, include name, address, education, current position, certifications, designations, qualifications and relevant speaking experience. List any significant articles and publications for the last 3 years. NOTE: Please include phone or email contacts for your reference
- Program Description: Provide a 50-word description of your presentation. If your presentation is selected, this description will be used in the conference brochure and program. Description may be edited.
Policy and Other Information
- Levels: Sessions are evaluated as follows: Basic = Focused for the attendees with two to five years’ experience; Intermediate = Six to 10 years’ experience; Advanced = 10 plus years; Executive = Executive-level material.
- Length of Presentation: Each concurrent session lasts 60 or 90 minutes. Please specify which you would prefer.
- Handouts: We encourage speakers to provide handouts for 50 attendees.
- Honoraria: Speakers receive a complimentary registration for the conference.
- Email: Submissions may be sent via email (one copy only) to email@example.com by July 1, 2018. Please be sure to include all required information listed above. In the subject line of the email, include “2018 Alaska Occupational Safety Summit.”
Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org